AIELLO & CANNICK is a powerful and prestigious New York City based law firm offering unparalleled personal service and experience in the practice of:
- Federal & State Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Corporate & Residential Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Financial Crisis Assistance (Loan Modification & Foreclosure)
- Family Law, Custody, Visitation & Child Support
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Labor & Employment
- Education/Special Education Advocacy
The firm’s attorneys are licensed to practice law in all Courts in the State of New York, New Jersey, District of Columbia, Connecticut, the Federal Courts in the Eastern, Southern, Western and Northern Districts of New York as well as the Second and Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Aiello & Cannick attorneys possess extensive business as well as legal experience. The firm’s education, business and legal backgrounds enable it to quickly adapt to new situations and to view a problem from multiple perspectives. The attorney’s business background causes them to be solution-oriented and their financial experience fosters sensitivity to the client’s cost constraints and objectives. Aiello & Cannick is a diverse and talented team dedicated to the delivery of high quality, personalized and cost effective legal services to individual as well as institutional clients.
If aggressive representation, experience and trust matter to you, you have come to the right place. If you or a loved one is in need of competent legal services, look no further than our law firm. With skills honed on the courtroom floor, we specialize in helping people who have been arrested for the first time and feel completely intimidated by the criminal justice system. Please feel free to contact us via email or phone if you need further information on a specific issue. We look forward to working with you.
AIELLO & CANNICK was founded in 1991. The founding partners attended Fordham University School of Law together and after respective stints in the Bronx, Manhattan and Queens County District Attorney Offices, they entered private practice. From its inception, the firm has been involved in all aspects of Federal and State criminal defense.
Legendary high-profile criminal cases include representation of:
- Peter Guagenti, the driver in the Amy Fisher case in Nassau County
- Patrick Bannon who shot and killed three people including an off-duty housing police officer outside a nightclub on Bell Boulevard in Bayside, Queens
- Julio Rivera who was charged with others in the abduction of Harvey Weinstein, the Tuxedo King of Queens County
- William Tager who was charged with shooting a stage hand outside the NBC Today show studio
- Vincent DiFrancisco charged in the assault of Shane Daniels outside Club Marakash in Westhampton Beach
- Dennis Salvador Alvarez Hernandez in Westchester County’s first death-penalty prosecution. After a nine month trial, the jury spared Mr. Alvarez his life
The firm, under the direction of Deveraux L. Cannick expanded the litigation practice to include civil rights and Section 1983 litigation claims involving false arrest, police brutality and excessive use of force.
High Profile Civil Cases:
- Deveraux Cannick won a $3.25 million dollar verdict for his client who claimed he was assaulted by a police officer. The case was reported in the Daily News and covered on the local television stations. It was one of the largest jury verdicts of its kind. This significant jury verdict was obtained despite a finding of “unsubstantiated” by the Civilian Complaint Review Board.
- Deveraux Cannick also represented Saikou Diallo, the father of Amadou Diallo who was shot 41 times by police officers. Although the four police officers were ultimately acquitted of all charges, Mr. Cannick successfully sued the City of New York and received the largest wrongful death settlement of its kind against the City of New York at that time. He also had the distinction of working with Johnny Cochran on this case.