Jennifer Arditi | Experienced New York Attorney
Jennifer Arditi is an experienced attorney specializing in Family Law matters, including matrimonial litigation. As a member of the 18-b Family Court Panels for Queens and Westchester Counties and a member of the Attorneys for Children Panel for Queens County, Ms. Arditi has successfully litigated all types of Family Court matters including Family Offense, Custody, Visitation, Article 10 Abuse and Neglect, Child Protective Proceedings, Support, Guardianship and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) matters. In addition to her membership on the Family Court Panels, Ms. Arditi is also a member of the Family Court Appellate Panel for the Second Department. She also has over 20 years’ experience in Education and Special Education law which makes her uniquely qualified to assist her clients in Family Law matters and has extensive civil litigation experience in State and Federal courts including successful motion practice.
Prior to specializing in Family Law, Ms. Arditi served as general counsel to a major school district located in Westchester County from July 1997 through June 2011. During that time period, in addition to handling all general and special education matters, Ms. Arditi also served as Chief Negotiator for all labor contracts with five different labor unions over a 10-year period. She possesses extensive experience related to employment and labor law, employee discipline matters, negotiation and drafting of employment contracts, internal investigations and audits pertaining to employee fraud, harassment and federal and state violations and was responsible for employee grievance procedures at all levels including mediation and arbitration. She has successfully litigated labor and employment matters in federal court from pleadings through trial.
Throughout the course of her career, Ms. Arditi has represented clients in a vast array of real estate and business litigation matters, from the drafting of contracts through complex litigation. She has served as general and trial counsel to several Cooperative and Condominium Boards throughout Queens County and has successfully litigated numerous Article 78 proceedings.
Current Employment Position(s):
Of Counsel to the Law Firm Aiello & Cannick – (1996-Present)
Currently serve in “Of Counsel” capacity to law firm dedicated to the general practice of law with a concentration in the areas of State and Federal criminal defense.
- Represent clients through all phases of criminal prosecution from investigation through appeal in both State and Federal Courts.
- Responsible for all phases of criminal trial litigation including arraignment, bail applications, witness preparation, grand jury investigations, pre-trial motions and hearings, plea negotiations, jury as well as non-jury trials.
- Extensive experience in Integrated Domestic Violence Court.
- Member of legal team on two death penalty matters from mitigation phase through penalty phase.
- Assigned as co-counsel pursuant to Criminal Justice Act in both Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
- Represented a major school district located in Westchester County from July 1997 through June 2011.
- Extensive civil litigation experience in State and Federal courts including successful motion practice.
- Responsible for representation of a vast array of clients in general practice areas.
Queens County Family Court Assigned Counsel Plan & Attorney for Child Program for the Second Department – (2012-present)
Representation of litigants in the Queens County Family Court system for various matters under the Family Court Act including family offenses, abuse, neglect, child custody, visitation and child support matters.
Westchester County Family Court Assigned Counsel Plan – (2009-present)
Representation of litigants in the Westchester County Family Court system for various matters under the Family Court Act including family offenses, abuse, neglect, child custody, visitation and child support matters.
- St. John’s University School of Law, Jamaica, NY
- Juris Doctor, May 1995, Cum Laude
- Member of “Journal of Legal Commentary”
- St. John’s University, Jamaica, NY
- Bachelor of Science, January 1991
- New York State (1996)
- United States District Court (Southern District of New York (1999)
- United States District Court (Eastern District of New York (2007)
Professional Associations, Memberships and Certifications:
- Queens County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Certified for enrollment on the list of attorneys for Alleged Incapacitated Persons pursuant to Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law
- Furnished Upon Request